Here are a few tips on maintaining your investment for the years to come:
- Check all weather stripping and caulking around windows and doors. Replace or repair as needed
- Check for cracks and holes in house siding, fill with caulking as necessary.
- Remove window air conditioners, or put weatherproof covers on them.
- Take down screens (if removable). Clean and store
- Check storm windows and doors; clean and repair as needed. Put back up (if removable).
- Drain outside faucets.
- Clean gutters and drainpipes so leaves won’t clog them.
- Check roof for leaks; repair as necessary.
- Check flashing around vents, skylights and chimneys for leaks.
- Check chimmey flue; clean obstructions. Make sure damper closes tightly.
- Check insulation wherever possible. Replace or add as necessary.
- Have heating system and heat pump serviced’ have humidifier checked. Change of clean filters on furnance.
- Drain hot water heater and remove sediment from bottom of tank; clean burner surfaces; adjust burners.
- Check all faucets for leaks; replace washers if necessary.
- Check and clean humidifier in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Clean refrigerator coils